SOLD: This is a group of really interesting jazz albums. The first two records are really odd. They are both in the same plain white cardboard cover. We do not know if the two records came together or if they just ended up in the same plain white cardboard cover. Each record has a hand drawn / hand printed label - descriptions of them follow under #1 and #2.
Click here to go to the Ebay Auction
1. The plain white record label has the following, hand written on it, in blue marker: El Saturn, Sun Ra (that is on both sides of the label). The engraving in the dead wax area says: first side - Sun Ra B17877A; second side - B17877B. Record has some fine marks on both sides; it also has one very short mark that can be felt with a fingernail. Plain white cardboard cover is in poor condition.
2. This record also has a unique set of labels. What I'm calling the first side of this record, has a colorful yellow, purple, and brown drawing with the letters RA drawn into the center of the little work of art; I'm guessing the art was done with markers. The dead wax on this side of the record is hard to read, it looks like it says: MS706 MS81976A (or does it say MS706 MS87976A). This side of the record has a lot of surface marks, but only one scratch that can be felt with a fingernail that we can detect. The other side of the record has a white label with an abstract drawing in purple marker. The writing in the dead wax is again hard to read, we think it says: MS81976B (or does it say MS87976B). This side of the record has a lot of surface marks, and a couple of very short scratches that can be felt with a fingernail.
3. Super-Sonic Sounds: ABC Impulse Records, AS-9271, 1974. Lots of fine and light scratches on both sides as well as a few scratches that can be felt with a fingernail. Label is in great condition. Cover is in poor condition with overall wear, a puncture mark, a hint of ring wear, edge and corner wear, and a small split where LP goes into the cover.
4. It's After the End of the World: NO COVER. MPS Stereo, BASF 20748, date is 1972. Poor Condition - surface scratches as well as scratches that can be felt with a fingernail. Labels are in really good condition.
5. Jazz in Silhouette, Sun Ra and his Arkestra: ABC Impulse, ASD-9265, date is 1975. Record has a number of fine and light scratches; labels are in great condition. Cover has edge and corner wear, hint of ring wear, a large crease at one corner, small crease at another corner, a puncture, and a split - inside of cover looks good except where the puncture comes through.
6. Saturn presents Sun Ra and his Solar Arkestra: Side A is KH98766, Side B is CPLS5421F, date on cover is 1965. Record has fine and light marks with only a couple of scratches that are deeper, but can barely be felt with a fingernail. Labels are in really great condition. Cover has a crease on one corner, edge and corner wear, a puncture mark (probably from store that sold the record), start of a small split on top edge, touch of ring wear, a small yellow spot on the back of the cover.
7. The Invisible Sheild, Sun Ra and his Intergalactic Research Arkestra: NO COVER, El Saturn, 144000, no date on the record label. Record has some fine, light marks and a couple of deeper scratches that can be felt with a fingernail. Label is in really great condition. There is no cover.