For the Love of Junk

June 17, 2009

Huddie "Leadbelly" Ledbetter Vinyl EP Listed!

We found a rare Leadbelly 45 at a recent Estate Sale. We have listed it for sale on Ebay. Here are the details:

Artist: Huddie "Leadbelly" Ledbetter. Size: 7 inches/ 45 RPM/EP. Titles: Side 1: Rock Island Line; Take This Hammer; Side 2: The Red Cross Store Blues; I'm On My Last Go-Round. Label: RCA Victor, EPA 818. Issue date: approximately 1955. Condition: Someone put their name on the label. A number of small, fine scratches & a few that are also deeper. There are skips and hangs on the EP as follows: Rock Island Line has 1 hang; Take This Hammer has a number of hangs (and the music is still amazing); Red Cross Store Blues has 1 hang and a couple of skips; I'm On My Last Go-Round has 1 skip and 3 hangs. There is occasional background noise/popping on both sides. The record may have some issues, but this music is amazing: "I'm broke and homeless, dirty too, I just want to know if I can go home with you..." blues at their finest.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=250446081341

No comments: